Finally! A reason to use my fancy cocoa. I had bought it to make my birthday cake last Spring while in pursuit of recreating the best dessert I ever had, the Salted Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake from DERU Market in Kirkland. I could only buy it in bulk, and it has sat sadly in the back of my fridge since then.
I absolutely loved these biscotti, and I generally categorize biscotti into a "joyless" category of baked goods. I do credit their deliciousness to the bougie cocoa powder. These came together very quickly, which seems like a hallmark of Dorie's recipes. Mine did not spread out like she warned, so I ended up with very tiny biscotti, which I suppose means I get to eat more of them.
I only had medium-coarse cornmeal and I think that was absolutely the best choice here. The finest ground cornmeal would have been lost in the dough, but the medium grind did add a pleasant crunch.
Size really doesn't matter as long as they are delicious!
ReplyDeleteyour little chubby biscotti are so cute! and do tell more about that cake you made!
ReplyDeleteGlad you were able to use your fancy chocolate. These were a hit with all I think.
ReplyDeleteThese look perfect - for dunking in coffee or tea! Fancy cocoa for the win!
ReplyDelete